Kheperer Srl is looking for 1-2 undergraduates to join its staff for the development of an activity (to be part of a thesis/internship) entitled: “Design, development and experimental validation of a Flutter application to optimise activity management in an industrial environment.”
The objective of the project is the design and implementation of a cross-platform mobile application built with the Flutter framework.
Flutter is a cross-platform development framework managed by Google.The first versions made it possible to develop, from a single code base, applications compatible with both the Android and iOS operating systems. All with the same performance as native applications. With the latest versions, Flutter is extending its compatibility to new platforms such as the web and embedded systems. The ability to reduce development time (and consequent costs) by almost 50% has allowed this technology to grow enormously in the business environment, making it the optimal solution in many circumstances.
The project is divided into the following phases
- understanding of the specific problem concerning optimisation in the management of activities in the industrial environment
- development of a storyboard for mobile applications to maximise user operability
- implementation of the storyboard using Flutter tools, integrating the server APIs already made available by the company.
An essential point in the implementation is the speed with which the operator can carry out his operations. This parameter must be optimised on all possible fronts: loading times, silent authentication, screen workflow, positioning of elements, information cache, etc.
Achieving this objective represents the real challenge and certainly outweighs the difficulty of learning how to use the technologies involved.
At the end of the project, the two applications will be available, compatible with the Android system and the iOS system respectively.
- basic knowledge of the RESTful client-server paradigm
- basic knowledge of Android and iOS mobile operating systems
- basic knowledge of object-oriented programming
Knowledge/skills acquired at the end of the project
- design of mobile applications
- skills in integration with servers providing web api
- development of mobile applications with the Flutter framework
- publishing and maintenance of mobile applications on Android and iOS stores.
Expected duration 6 months